“He made the moon to mark the seasons;
the sun knows its time for setting.” Psalm 104:19
I don’t know about you, but it seems the older I get, the faster the time seems to slip by. Even as I write those words, I recall when I was younger and older people saying that to me. My response was always the same, I always thought, that’s impossible, time doesn’t change.
Today you were handed from God 24 hours to live life to the fullest. That’s 1440 minutes or 86,400 seconds. Sometimes we get so busy and distracted we miss the fact that each rising, sun brings new opportunities and adventures on this planet we call Earth. God gives us one new day at a time so that we aren’t distracted by the future or paralyzed by the past.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make the most of today. Enjoy God’s gift to you. You can accomplish a great deal with the 1440 minutes in a day. Today stop and take advantage of all that God has provided for you.
God has established time for our benefit.
“Yours is the day, yours also the night;
You have established the heavenly lights and the sun.” Psalm 74:16
The greatest commodity you have at your fingertips is time.
Everyone has the same amount of time to use or waste today. The happiness in your life depends on how you use your time. Periodically I need to take an evaluation of how I am using my time.
This little list helps me keep per-spective:
• Take time to THINK-it is the source of power.
• Take time to PLAY-it is the secret of perpetual youth.
• Take time to be FRIENDLY-it is the road to happiness.
• Take time to LOVE-it is a God-given privilege.
• Take time to READ-it is a fountain of wisdom.
• Take time to PRAY-it is the greatest power on earth.
• Take time to LAUGH-it is the music of the soul.
• Take time to GIVE-it is too short a day to be selfish.
• Take time to WORK-it is the price of success.
Why not take a moment right now and thank God for the time He has given you to enjoy life each day. We never know when our last day will arrive.